Google Pixel is here. You want it to function at its ultimatum. Here are some tips on how to take advantage of the Alphabet Google Pixel smartphone.
Wi- Fi taking an upper- hand whenever possible
- This detects high- quality Wi- Fi networks and automatically connects, to reduce the burden on existing data network.
- In addition it has VPN service, to monitor and prevent personal data from leaking.
- Settings > Wi- Fi > > Toggle “Use open Wi- Fi automatically” on
Live Wallpapers react to your phone’s energy
- Live Wallpapers will adapt to your phone battery’s condition to ensure that it does not affect the functions at crucial moments.
- There are options to choose wallpapers that picturize the local weather conditions or ones that change automatically every 24 hours.
Maintain 4K quality in videos
- You can save your videos at 4K resolution without any quality loss. This is applicable to your photos.
- Camera > Swipe left on screen to view the various modes such as “Slow Motion”, “Panorama”, etc.
- Camera > Settings > Select “UHD 4K” under “Back Camera Video Resolution”
Let volume buttons be multi- functional as well
- Camera > Settings > Select “Volume key action” to assign an action to it such as “Shutter”
- This will release the shutter when pressed.
- Hold the Camera click button down to take Burst shots. This will automatically create GIF images.
Set up Google Photos
- Even after the initial setup, you still have to set up Google Photos Otherwise, your entire collection may be lost.
Fingerprint Sensor senses more than just security
- In addition to being used as a scanner, this sensor can also be used as a touchpad. Swiping downward would bring the Notification bar in sight.
- Settings > Moves > Toggle “Swipe for Notifications” on
Pixel shortcuts to efficiency
- Double- pressing the Power button activates the Camera.
- Similarly twisting the phone switches between the Front and the Rear
- Settings > Moves holds the command for these settings
Feel the 3D touch here too
- Experiment with the apps by holding onto the app icon and a list of quick options appearing.
- For e.g. Google Play > Hold app to see “Recent Activity”, “My Library”, “I’m Feeling Lucky”, etc.
Locating your phone
- Settings > Accounts > Setup your account if not completed already
- Toggle “Location” on
- Enter com/devicemanager in Chrome addressbar
- Log onto your account
The site will display the last known location of your phone.
Reduce the strain of blue light on your eyes
- Settings > Display > Night Light > Toggle “Night Light” on
- This will tint your screen red at sunset depending on your geographic location. This is expected to help you sleep better.
A more realistic Assistant
- Hold the Home button to launch Google Now > > Settings
- This is where you can customize your news sources, your calendar sources and other personal choices of apps to ensure that it truly assists you.
Pixel is a power source!
- Using a USB- C to Type- A adapter (provided in the original package), you can charge another electronic device.