Highster is yet another child monitoring application for smartphones. It works like other child monitoring apps on the market – collecting data about your kids phone usage activities, uploading them to an online dashboard and then giving you remote control over their devices.
In this review, I will take you through Highster’s features, users’ feedback about it and how it stands up against other monitoring apps.
We do not recommend Highster Mobile, due to all the negative feedback about the product. Take a look at the other options instead!
Highster Mobile Features
Text Message Monitoring
Kids patronize text message services more than voice calls due to fact that it enables them talk to different people at the same time. Every parent wants to know who his kid has been talking to and this is where Highster’s SMS monitoring feature comes in. Highster Mobile provides SMS logs with the full content of the message, phone number of the sender and recipient, and the date and time of the message exchange.
Kids make a lot of calls, and it’s impossible to always know they’ve been talking to and how long they’ve been. With Highster Mobile, call log data which includes the dialed/answered calls, contact information and call time, date and duration are recorded instantly and uploaded to the dashboard. Even deleted call logs can be retrieved. It’s also possible to download the logs in PDF, TXT, DOC, etc.
Highster Mobile’s location tracking feature enables parents to monitor where their kids have been going to and how long they spend there. This feature is also useful for finding your kids missing or stolen phone. The location tracking feature works in real time and you get online access to the location on a detailed map.
This is one of Highster Mobile’s flagship features. The stealth camera mode enables parents to open the camera app of their kids phone and take pictures of their surroundings without them knowing. The pictures are uploaded to the dashboard and can be downloaded as well.
Highster Mobile’s URL tracking feature registers the websites kids visit on their smartphones. This enables parents to monitor and advise them on certain websites they visit especially the ones with sexually inappropriate content.
Photo and Video Monitoring
Smartphones are a great place to store photos and videos of memorable life events. Kids may keep sexually inappropriate and violent videos and images on their phone and this affects their morale drastically. Highster Mobile allows you to stay updated on the videos your kids are watching and the photos they’ve been seeing.
Social Network Monitoring
Kids waste valuable study time on various social networking sites. Highster Mobile monitors your kids activities on various social networking websites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Skype, LINE and WeChat. Highster can also monitor messaging apps like Facebook Messenger, LinkIn, Twitter, WhatsApp, and iMessage.
Highster Mobile Compatibility
iOS: Highster is compatible with all jailbroken iOS devices
Android: Highster works on all Samsung, Motorola, HTC, LG. Huawei, Google, and Sony smartphones. The social network monitoring feature requires the device to be rooted.
Highster Mobile Verdict
I love the fact that Highster Mobile has a $69.99 one-time fee and the can be used on as many phones as pleased. It also has a 30-day money back guarantee as compared to the 10-day guarantee with other monitoring apps.
However, there have been a lot of user complaints about this app which supersedes its advantages. Here is just one of many:
You can read more complaints in the comment section here.
Here are a few setbacks I’ve seen myself:
- Highster Mobile is nowhere in the monitoring apps competition. In comparing it to other monitoring apps out there, I realized it lacks several innovative features other competitors tout in their products.
- They have a less functional customer support. Many users claimed to have contact them for support but to no avail. With other websites I’ve visited, a customer support representative is always assigned to me and answers my questions.
- I’ve seen other monitoring apps which work perfectly without root or jailbreak. They claim the app is cannot be detected, but a deep and careful search in full apps list will reveal it.
- General performance is poor. Most of the features they talk about don’t always work, and the ones they do have hitches.
- Highster does not give you full control over your kids phone. You can’t lock down their device at specific times, block inappropriate websites or even block unwanted numbers from calling or texting.
- Highster is not available for computers as compared to other monitoring solutions.
Highster saves you a lot of money but has an abysmal performance. If I have to choose a monitoring app, I will choose mSpy or Webwatcher as my best alternatives. These apps are affordable and come with impressive features.
Have you had any experiences using Highster? Share your view with us!