Smartphone like the iPhones are the only devices needed in today’s day and age to survive on day- to- day basis. With its increased ability to carry out more complex functions, there is also a need occasionally to carry out simpler functions such as recording phone conversations. Unfortunately, while there is no in- built feature for this, apps available that can assist us in this process.
On a side note, remember that conversations can be recorded only if parties on both sides consent. This agreement should be clearly recorded in the audio clip. This is the law in the USA.
How to Record iPhone Conversation
Here is the list of apps and methods:
This is only for incoming calls.
- Create a Google Account.
- Go to App Store. Search for Google Voice. Download and
- Settings > Calls > Check Call Options
- Now activate the recording at any time during the call by pressing and holding 4. Pressing and holding 4 again you can end the recording.
Activate the recording first. Call your recipient. iTalk Sync lets you access these clips on your Mac as well.
- Go to App Store. Search for iTalk Recorder. Download and Install
- Launch the app and press Record.
- Call your recipient using iPhone phone interface.
- End the call. Launch the app and press Record to end recording.
Call Recorder Free
This is based on 3- way calling technology, similar to having conference call with 3 parties. It works for both incoming and outgoing calls.
- Go to App Store. Search for Call Recorder Free. Download and Install
- Open the app and press Record. This activates the recording line.
- To record incoming calls, select Merge.
- To record outgoing calls, select your recipient. Select
This is also based on 3- way calling technology. It works for both incoming and outgoing calls.
- Go to App Store. Search for TapeACall. Download and
- To record incoming calls, select Record. This places the call on hold till the app dials the recording line. Then select
- To record outgoing calls, select Record. This dials to the recording line. Select your recipient. Select Merge.
- Go to App Store. Search for Recorder. Download and
- Select the Call Recorder Press Call and select the recipient.
- You have to give permission for the app to record your call. This will also inform your recipient that the call is recorded.
- End Call ends the recording and the app interface reopens.
Using your Mac
Facetime has an option that can be activated for recording. This then will work in collaboration with another application, Audacity, while the iPhone and the Mac are connected to the same Wi- Fi network.
- Launch Facetime on your Mac.
- Preferences > Settings > Check iPhone Cellular Calls
- Download Audacity on your Mac. (You may choose to download any other audio recording application.)
- Call your recipient using Facetime on your iPhone or Mac.
- Launch Audacity. Press Record.
Using your computer or tablet
As the last option, you may use Quicktime Player with its built- in recording feature. The following instructions are for using this application. You may download any others and follow a similar procedure for recording.
- Place iPhone closest to your computer’s or tablet’s microphone.
- Quicktime Player > File > New Audio Recording
- Click on ↓ and ensure that the built- in microphone is selected.
- Press Record to test an audio clip on your iPhone.
- If all is well, call your recipient. Press Record.
Hope that answered your question – How to Record iPhone Conversation